Farming Forum UK

A forum for farmers and country-folk worldwide.
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Camera Issue
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:36 pm 

I originally had a Canon Ixus digital camera and it was great, but fancied something a little more fancy and the Sony RX100 was recommended as the next best thing to a DSLR/second coming of Christ etc.

31st August 2014 Currys had them on sale for £350 with £50 cash back if you sent Sony the receipt. So I bought one, sent the receipt off and all was well. My 50 quid never came back, oh well, it took decent pictures.

Then once in a while it would decide that the SD card was full until it was taken out and put back in again :roll: modern techy shite :roll:

Then a few weeks ago I went to use it, the lens went out, back in, half way out and the screen was black with "Turn off and on again" :roll: which I did, but no change. It was charged, operated with the charger connected, battery taken out, charged again, but no change.

Any road, I rang Sony and got the dreaded foreign ring tone :( . The monkey on t'other end said to a reset, trouble is none of the forking buttons respond. Bollocks.

The next move was to contact Sony again via their website and told them the whole story, but heard nothing for over a week. Then contacted them again via the same medium and again ffuk all. I'm getting pissed off now. The next move was to contact them via Faceache, so sent 'em a message explaining all. Finally the get back to me today and said the camera is out of warranty and they would normally charge but "are willing to potentially negotiate an agreement relating to this".

Now panel, I know it's out of warranty, but one might hope a 350 quid point and shoot camera might last longer than 19 months, so keeping in mind it's not life and death and only a camera what do you think I should settle for? I'd be happy to pay the postage and them fix it for nowt. Over to you.

If they want to charge me much it's going in the bin, I'll get a Canon from here https://slrhut.co.uk and Sony can ffuk them selves.

Post subject: Re: Camera Issue
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:52 pm 

Willing to come to an arrangement? Or willing to give you X pounds of the new Sony of your choice?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:58 pm 

Raggy wrote:
Willing to come to an arrangement? Or willing to give you X pounds of the new Sony of your choice?

The email reads like they will fix it, normally charge abut are willing to come to an arrangement.

Mine is the M1 and they are about 250 quid now, the M4 is 750 :o

I have no intention of getting all "I know my rights" on their ass, but think they might have made a bit more effort

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:44 pm 

The Pretender wrote:
Raggy wrote:

The email reads like they will fix it, normally charge abut are willing to come to an arrangement.

I have no intention of getting all "I know my rights" on their ass, but think they might have made a bit more effort

Stick to your guns.
This Easter I had two Cadburys Buttons eggs both which were minus the bloody Buttons !
A stiff email and apparently a hefty voucher is winging its way to me. 8)

Chocolate wankers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:10 pm 

Lord Muck wrote:
The Pretender wrote:
Raggy wrote:

Stick to your guns.
This Easter I had two Cadburys Buttons eggs both which were minus the bloody Buttons !

Chocolate wankers.

Did you buy them as gifts? Or are you still banned from the school gates?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:16 pm 

Lord Muck wrote:
The Pretender wrote:
Raggy wrote:

Stick to your guns.

Chocolate wankers.

You would have been better off with a bar of chocolate = more choc & less landfill! :thumleft:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:46 pm 

The Squire wrote:
Lord Muck wrote:
The Pretender wrote:
Raggy wrote:

Stick to your guns.

Chocolate wankers.

You would have been better off with a bar of chocolate = more choc & less landfill! :thumleft:

I don't want a bar of chocolate and I couldn't give a Ffuk about landfill.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:15 pm 

Lord Muck wrote:
The Squire wrote:
Lord Muck wrote:
The Pretender wrote:
Raggy wrote:

Stick to your guns.

Chocolate wankers.

Well, if you don't want it, I'll have it! Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:16 am 

The Squire wrote:
Lord Muck wrote:
The Squire wrote:
Lord Muck wrote:
The Pretender wrote:

Stick to your guns.

Chocolate wankers.

Well, if you don't want it, I'll have it! Image

I'll see what they send me in the way of a voucher.
If it's for bars of chocolate you can have it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:58 am 

The problem is, Pret, that the model of camera in question will only take so many 'upskirt' pictures before it automatically closes down for good.

It seems that you have reached that limit......................... :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:04 am 

Considering Sony never upheld their part of the deal with the £50 then I think they need to be told that they should repair/replace the camera free of charge as you didn't pursue them for the cash.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:31 pm 

Social meeja.

Bribe a 10-year old with chocolate bar vouchers to go on Arsebook and Twatter slagging off Sony UK. Be sure they use the name Sony UK as many times as possible and then some more.

I am led to believe their spybots will trigger an alarm in the People's Republic of Sloughistan and someone will contact you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:55 pm 

Correspondence number 1:

This email is with regards to the personal message which you had sent to Sony Facebook.

I apologize if the quality of your RX100M1 camera, as well as our Customer Service has been hitherto unsatisfactory.

I can see from the case identity that you have already undergone some basic support steps with no resolution to the problem. I was unable to determine however if the camera had already been assessed for repair.

Usually when basic over-the phone support is inadequate, we trust our technicians to provide an accurate quote to fix the product.

Since the product is outside of your manufacturer's warranty, this service would be chargeable, however we are willing to potentially negotiate an agreement relating to this.

Let me know if this is something you may be interested in.

Correspondence number 2

Thank you for the prompt response. If you would like to examine the options for repair of your camera, please use the following link:

http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair

You will need to enter the model code DSCRX100M1, and then provide your postal code. This should give a list of Authorized Sony Service options in your area.

As mentioned, any repairs or assessments will be chargeable. Usually you may have the unit assessed first, which I will agree on behalf of Sony to compensate if the repair quote is unfeasible and you decide to go with a different option.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:24 pm 

You'd already had that or it came through today?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:57 am 

These came this week after I got onto them on Facebook.

Reply to topic 
 [ 25 posts ]