NatWest

Staffing, insurance, vets, computers and software.
NQIT
Posts: 4967
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:13 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: NatWest

Post by NQIT » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:42 pm

Lord Muck wrote:
NQIT wrote: I don't think it, I know it. Bank charges = £0 per month. They are welcome to double the charge.
So you don't get charged for using any of their facilities, paying in etc ?
So they just let you use their bank and don't charge you for any of it ?
If that's the case you must be a new customer.
Or is this a personal account ?
Business account and to be fair, it was a new account after having had a partnership account. I assumed that as we were not new customers, we would be charged but seems not. Been over 2 years now. Maybe I should enquire? :D
Here we go again, hold tight.

User avatar
Lord Muck
Posts: 24491
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:21 pm

Re: NatWest

Post by Lord Muck » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:46 pm

NQIT wrote:
Lord Muck wrote:
NQIT wrote: I don't think it, I know it. Bank charges = £0 per month. They are welcome to double the charge.
So you don't get charged for using any of their facilities, paying in etc ?
So they just let you use their bank and don't charge you for any of it ?
If that's the case you must be a new customer.
Or is this a personal account ?
Business account and to be fair, it was a new account after having had a partnership account. I assumed that as we were not new customers, we would be charged but seems not. Been over 2 years now. Maybe I should enquire? :D
Ffuk me no ! Not if they haven't twigged so far.
18 months is normal for a new account before charges.

Well if they aren't charging you due to a cock-up at their end, I'd not rock the boat for a while...
It's a lovely day

NQIT
Posts: 4967
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:13 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: NatWest

Post by NQIT » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:52 pm

Lord Muck wrote:
NQIT wrote:
Lord Muck wrote:
NQIT wrote: I don't think it, I know it. Bank charges = £0 per month. They are welcome to double the charge.
So you don't get charged for using any of their facilities, paying in etc ?
So they just let you use their bank and don't charge you for any of it ?
If that's the case you must be a new customer.
Or is this a personal account ?
Business account and to be fair, it was a new account after having had a partnership account. I assumed that as we were not new customers, we would be charged but seems not. Been over 2 years now. Maybe I should enquire? :D
Ffuk me no ! Not if they haven't twigged so far.
18 months is normal for a new account before charges.

Well if they aren't charging you due to a cock-up at their end, I'd not rock the boat for a while...
I think they ffuked up when we opened ltd co account. It was a 'new business' but only in name. I think at the time, they were trying to prove to the government that they were supporting new business so wanted to add to the statistics. Kept offering us overdraft facilities and loans. Ironically 5 years ago, they wouldn't give us a mortgage despite 40% deposit, do I'm not too fussed if they have ffuked up. May be best to change bank soon before they twig?
Here we go again, hold tight.

User avatar
Lord Muck
Posts: 24491
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:21 pm

Re: NatWest

Post by Lord Muck » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:53 pm

NQIT wrote:
Lord Muck wrote:
NQIT wrote:
Lord Muck wrote:
NQIT wrote: I don't think it, I know it. Bank charges = £0 per month. They are welcome to double the charge.
So you don't get charged for using any of their facilities, paying in etc ?
So they just let you use their bank and don't charge you for any of it ?
If that's the case you must be a new customer.
Or is this a personal account ?
Business account and to be fair, it was a new account after having had a partnership account. I assumed that as we were not new customers, we would be charged but seems not. Been over 2 years now. Maybe I should enquire? :D
Ffuk me no ! Not if they haven't twigged so far.
18 months is normal for a new account before charges.

Well if they aren't charging you due to a cock-up at their end, I'd not rock the boat for a while...
I think they ffuked up when we opened ltd co account. It was a 'new business' but only in name. I think at the time, they were trying to prove to the government that they were supporting new business so wanted to add to the statistics. Kept offering us overdraft facilities and loans. Ironically 5 years ago, they wouldn't give us a mortgage despite 40% deposit, do I'm not too fussed if they have ffuked up. May be best to change bank soon before they twig?
At the POINT they twig...
It's a lovely day

User avatar
Fat Hill
Posts: 7113
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:46 pm
Location: Eat Anglia

Re: NatWest

Post by Fat Hill » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:45 am

Hsbc charge me £5.50 a month fir my business account, and £100 a year for renewing my overdraft facility! Fairly hideous but I'm too lazy to look elsewhere.

For personal banking, if you have a mortgage, and separate savings, I would suggest the an offset mortgage is the way forwarder - keep your tax savings in the offset account, thereby reducing the interst you lay on the mortgage, helping to lay it off quicker.

Also,now that my FiL has seen the light, and handing over all his savings to me for safe keeping, I'm saving a hodfull of interest and still provide instant access on his money if we need it or cover care costs (or to buy a discovery......)
I'm nearly there......but not quite

User avatar
Coltheox
Posts: 13485
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:50 pm
Location: Littlehay

Re: NatWest

Post by Coltheox » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:00 pm

Fat Hill wrote:Hsbc charge me £5.50 a month fir my business account, and £100 a year for renewing my overdraft facility! Fairly hideous but I'm too lazy to look elsewhere.

For personal banking, if you have a mortgage, and separate savings, I would suggest the an offset mortgage is the way forwarder - keep your tax savings in the offset account, thereby reducing the interst you lay on the mortgage, helping to lay it off quicker.

Also,now that my FiL has seen the light, and handing over all his savings to me for safe keeping, I'm saving a hodfull of interest and still provide instant access on his money if we need it or cover care costs (or to buy a discovery......)
Why would your FiL need a discovery......??????????????? :roll:
Full English Brexit, please!

User avatar
Fat Hill
Posts: 7113
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:46 pm
Location: Eat Anglia

Re: NatWest

Post by Fat Hill » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:20 pm

He will find it easier it get in and out of than an Audi R8 :roll:
I'm nearly there......but not quite

essexpete
Posts: 4425
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:05 am

Re: NatWest

Post by essexpete » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:50 pm

[/quote]
I don't think it, I know it. Bank charges = £0 per month. They are welcome to double the charge.[/quote]

Our Natwest bus account is certainly not free for any transaction in or plus a min monthly charge all when in credit.

essexpete
Posts: 4425
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:05 am

Re: NatWest

Post by essexpete » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:10 pm

Lord Muck wrote:
NQIT wrote: I don't think it, I know it. Bank charges = £0 per month. They are welcome to double the charge.
So you don't get charged for using any of their facilities, paying in etc ?
So they just let you use their bank and don't charge you for any of it ?
If that's the case you must be a new customer.
Or is this a personal account ?
Our 2 small Nat West bus accounts could be costing us more than £30/mnth each when in credit 4 or 5 years ago.
Electronic payments and careful private account use halved that.

Post Reply