Farming Forum UK

A forum for farmers and country-folk worldwide.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Wind Farm.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:05 am
Posts: 11764
Location: On the beach!
Number 4 got finished on Wednesday afternoon.
Number 4 got struck by lightning on Thursday evening.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyone got any Brilliant White Gloss and a long reach paint roller?

_________________
Fasten your seatbelts. We're off.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Wind Farm.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:33 pm
Posts: 3884
Location: E Herts
Raggy wrote:
Number 4 got finished on Wednesday afternoon.
Number 4 got struck by lightning on Thursday evening.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyone got any Brilliant White Gloss and a long reach paint roller?



:D

_________________
Hold still, it's nearly in.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Wind Farm.
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:05 am
Posts: 4044
Raggy wrote:
Number 4 got finished on Wednesday afternoon.
Number 4 got struck by lightning on Thursday evening.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyone got any Brilliant White Gloss and a long reach paint roller?


carn't that be fed straight into the grid then?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Wind Farm.
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:05 am
Posts: 11764
Location: On the beach!
essexpete wrote:
Raggy wrote:
Number 4 got finished on Wednesday afternoon.
Number 4 got struck by lightning on Thursday evening.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyone got any Brilliant White Gloss and a long reach paint roller?


carn't that be fed straight into the grid then?

Not sure that the transformer can cope with the voltage.

_________________
Fasten your seatbelts. We're off.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Wind Farm.
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:05 pm
Posts: 10729
Location: The Zone
Will you be selling little boxes of your free range, outdoor, locally sauced electricity at the local farmers market?

_________________
keep honking, I'm reloading


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Wind Farm.
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 2:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:05 am
Posts: 11764
Location: On the beach!
The Pretender wrote:
Will you be selling little boxes of your free range, outdoor, locally sauced electricity at the local farmers market?

Sauced?? Any particular type? :wink:

_________________
Fasten your seatbelts. We're off.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Wind Farm.
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:05 pm
Posts: 10729
Location: The Zone
Raggy wrote:
The Pretender wrote:
Will you be selling little boxes of your free range, outdoor, locally sauced electricity at the local farmers market?

Sauced?? Any particular type? :wink:


Reggae reggae

_________________
keep honking, I'm reloading


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Wind Farm.
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:45 pm
Posts: 3217
Are we going to get any more pictures, or have you just moved to the sun now living off the months cheques


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Wind Farm.
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:05 am
Posts: 11764
Location: On the beach!
Tel wrote:
Are we going to get any more pictures, or have you just moved to the sun now living off the months cheques

Awaiting more cheques Tel.
Nothing's changed much lately. They'll perhaps have the fifth one up by the time I get home.
Then it's landscaping time. And seeing as we can't agree terms on where to put 18,000t of dirt, I expect to see a lot of wagons carting it all away.

_________________
Fasten your seatbelts. We're off.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Wind Farm.
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:13 pm
Posts: 4044
Location: Norfolk
The Pretender wrote:
Raggy wrote:
The Pretender wrote:
Will you be selling little boxes of your free range, outdoor, locally sauced electricity at the local farmers market?

Sauced?? Any particular type? :wink:


Reggae reggae

Raggy raggy?

_________________
Here we go again, hold tight.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Wind Farm.
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:46 pm
Posts: 4818
Location: best bit of yorkshire
Tel wrote:
Are we going to get any more pictures, or have you just moved to the sun now living off the months cheques


Pilly will be on the phone moaning its too windy to spray all week and Raggy will be saying to mrs R pack yer bikini were off

_________________
Hold my beer , watch this ....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Wind Farm.
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:05 am
Posts: 11764
Location: On the beach!
Well the final push is on with the crane as it needs to be in Kent by the middle of this week. They've had permission from the Local Council to lift over the weekend. This morning they put the final piece of the tower on, and dropped the nacelle on top.
Then the intention was to fit the blades to the hub ready to finish tomorrow. But somehow they have overlooked booking a driver capable of moving the blades into place, as they are parked up in other areas so as to create working space. :roll:

_________________
Fasten your seatbelts. We're off.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Wind Farm.
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 2:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:13 pm
Posts: 4044
Location: Norfolk
Raggy wrote:
Well the final push is on with the crane as it needs to be in Kent by the middle of this week. They've had permission from the Local Council to lift over the weekend. This morning they put the final piece of the tower on, and dropped the nacelle on top.
Then the intention was to fit the blades to the hub ready to finish tomorrow. But somehow they have overlooked booking a driver capable of moving the blades into place, as they are parked up in other areas so as to create working space. :roll:

I've got my telehandler ticket somewhere if that helps?

_________________
Here we go again, hold tight.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Wind Farm.
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 10:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:47 pm
Posts: 3491
Location: crappest broadband in Powys
Raggy wrote:
Well the final push is on with the crane as it needs to be in Kent by the middle of this week. They've had permission from the Local Council to lift over the weekend. This morning they put the final piece of the tower on, and dropped the nacelle on top.
Then the intention was to fit the blades to the hub ready to finish tomorrow. But somehow they have overlooked booking a driver capable of moving the blades into place, as they are parked up in other areas so as to create working space. :roll:


I'm sure JohnnieBoy is available if the price is right.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Wind Farm.
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:05 am
Posts: 11764
Location: On the beach!
Well finally the last lift has taken place. And the crane is being dismantled for the last time, and is on its way to Kent.
Image

_________________
Fasten your seatbelts. We're off.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic 
 [ 279 posts ] 
Post new topic  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme by ColorizeIt!