Why is it ?

For topics containing photos or pictures which are related to farming.
McFarmer

Why is it ?

Post by McFarmer » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:50 pm

Seeing the fantastic photos from Danube and JD and others I can't help but wonder why elevation is what makes scenery special. All those landscapes if you were to smash them flat would not get a third look, maybe a second but not something one would travel very far for. Heights and water seem to make an area attractive.

Do we see the unattainable here ? The forbidding ? Is this a silly question ?

I have included a photo of our pasture that borders a small natural lake, lots of wildlife. I don't imagine a dozen people have seem this particular area in the last ten years. Now if we were to put a 1000ft precipice in the background it would be a national park with hoards coming every year.

Iowa has that problem, very beautiful but oh so flat. (repressed comment about wife here)

Measure twice, cut once, curse, repeat.

Bloomers

Post by Bloomers » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:00 pm

Well it looks a beautiful place to me mc farmer-I don't think a precicpice would improve it.I'm just imagining sitting by the side of the lake on a hot summer's evening with an amazing sunset.....
Taxi Willy,he's a hero...

Lord Muck

Post by Lord Muck » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:09 pm

As nice as these pics all are, how exactly do you post pics ????
Lovely, lovely, lovely....hahahahaha

Bloomers

Post by Bloomers » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:54 pm

Lord Muck wrote:As nice as these pics all are, how exactly do you post pics ????
I'm sure an educated and successful gentleman such as yourself can do it LM.After all i've put loads on and i'm a pants-on-head retard.Photobucket's the girl for that job

Lord Muck

Post by Lord Muck » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:30 pm

And where do i find scuzz bucket ?
Lovely, lovely, lovely....hahahahaha

Bloomers

Post by Bloomers » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:10 pm

Lord Muck wrote:And where do i find scuzz bucket ?
www.photobucket.com

create an account which takes a couple of minutes,then you can upload pictures from your puter-gives you the option of editing and re-sizing images then it has a specific direct link for message boards which you can copy and paste into the post a reply section here.

Pierre

Post by Pierre » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:36 pm

That is, without doubt, one of the best photos I've seen for a long time. It reminde me of long summers evenings sitting fishing with no-one and nothing to disturb me.

I have some great photos containing scenery, or of looking down from a hillside, but these are some of my favourites, and taken in the famously flatlands of Lincolnshire (ok, the secind one is taken from a hill, but it's only a very small hill!!)

McFarmer

Post by McFarmer » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:25 pm

Pierre wrote:That is, without doubt, one of the best photos I've seen for a long time. It reminde me of long summers evenings sitting fishing with no-one and nothing to disturb me.

I have some great photos containing scenery, or of looking down from a hillside, but these are some of my favourites, and taken in the famously flatlands of Lincolnshire (ok, the secind one is taken from a hill, but it's only a very small hill!!)
A picture is indeed worth a thousand words. What is the crop in the last photo ?
Measure twice, cut once, curse, repeat.