Heat from farm crops.

For topics containing photos or pictures which are related to farming.
Removed

Heat from farm crops.

Post by Removed » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:03 am

Pictures of something I thought interesting. Runs on wheat, rape, maize, sunflower, sorghum etc. Or mixes. And on wood. Currently uses 100 KG a day of wheat cleanings to heat, provide hot water to showers and canteen offices etc on 500 sq metres in sub zero temperatures. Cheaper than gas or fuel. Maybe here is the market for mountains of grain.

Feed auger to the left in black pipe. The red bunker to left with handle is waste not filled in a week.

Lumpkin

Post by Lumpkin » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:58 am

These things have been popular in Scandinavia for quite a while now, people have tried to push them in this country but rightly or wrongly there seems to be some resistance to burning food crops for heat.

LM and I know someone who sells them, he was exhibiting them at Lamma in January. Apparently there was more interest in sawdust and wood chip burning versions.
Don't hit me with those negative waves so early in the morning.

Lord Muck

Post by Lord Muck » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:37 am

Lumpkin wrote:These things have been popular in Scandinavia for quite a while now, people have tried to push them in this country but rightly or wrongly there seems to be some resistance to burning food crops for heat.

LM and I know someone who sells them, he was exhibiting them at Lamma in January. Apparently there was more interest in sawdust and wood chip burning versions.
I was told that years ago in various parts of Europe, they had similar ones run on Gypsum and Juice.

I think thats what i was told..... :?
Lovely, lovely, lovely....hahahahaha

McFarmer

Post by McFarmer » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:15 pm

Lots of very similar furnaces sold around here. Sold corn to a neighbor that used 200 bu this winter for about $700. He would have went through at least twice as much propane.
Measure twice, cut once, curse, repeat.