Farming Forum UK

A forum for farmers and country-folk worldwide.
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Gabberflasted
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:11 pm 
Online

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:13 pm
Posts: 3877
Location: Norfolk
Today, I had the company of a Bateman fitter to do the first service on my machine and finish building it. At 10.20 I went to town to pick up an alternator for my digger, returning at 10.45. I was asked by one of the pigmen if I had taken the keys from one of their tractors. While I was gone, the 3 pigmen had returned from their morning feeding routine, parked 2 tractors and Loadall in the barn and gone to their caravan for a cuppa. It appears that a black pick up had turned round in the yard and the occupants had loaded the pressure washer, taken the keys from 2 tractors and Loadall and chopped the padlock off my diesel tank. If my machine had not been in the main shed being worked on, they would have spotted the quad too.
What happens next? Are they coming back for the tractors etc? I am expecting an empty tank in the morning.

_________________
Here we go again, hold tight.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Gabberflasted
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:05 am
Posts: 11672
Location: On the beach!
They'll be back. But not tonight. It'll be a month or two before they return.
Scum.

_________________
Fasten your seatbelts. We're off.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Gabberflasted
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:53 pm
Posts: 4095
Location: Location: Location:
Have you a dog ... or 2 ... or 3?
Big snarly, noisy things that let you know if anyone is around?

We have 5, that make a lot of noise as soon as anyone turns in farm gate (a field away) ... & have a reputation!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Gabberflasted
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:33 pm
Posts: 3720
Location: E Herts
The Squire wrote:
Have you a dog ... or 2 ... or 3?
Big snarly, noisy things that let you know if anyone is around?

We have 5, that make a lot of noise as soon as anyone turns in farm gate (a field away) ... & have a reputation!





Nothing like their mistress then? Image

_________________
Hold still, it's nearly in.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Gabberflasted
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:36 pm
Posts: 491
Location: North Queensland Australia
I wish I had some wise answers we have only had this problem once and I had to catch the so and so's red handed and it ended right then and there

Paul


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Gabberflasted
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:53 pm
Posts: 4095
Location: Location: Location:
Flintstone wrote:
The Squire wrote:
Have you a dog ... or 2 ... or 3?
Big snarly, noisy things that let you know if anyone is around?

We have 5, that make a lot of noise as soon as anyone turns in farm gate (a field away) ... & have a reputation!





Nothing like their mistress then? Image


Yes, but I've learnt to snarl without showing my teeth!

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Gabberflasted
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:41 pm 
Online

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:13 pm
Posts: 3877
Location: Norfolk
No visitors overnight.
The same description of truck has been seen locally in farm yards over the last few days. A quad bike has disappeared locally. Coincidence?
Enquiries suggest the characters are from Raggy's direction. Wisbech! Most likely just honest individuals looking for work.
The police are certainly more active than I suspected. Forensic officer attended within an hour of incident report, along with local PC. He identified a Nike trainer footprint and dusted for prints on washer connections and diesel tank. Reading between the lines, they may have some good evidence and an idea who is responsible. Fingers crossed.

_________________
Here we go again, hold tight.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Gabberflasted
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:18 am
Posts: 7999
Location: Schizophrenia-Just this side of the border
Tell'em some fertilizer might be missing, along with the diesel.

_________________
Measure twice, cut once, curse, repeat.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Gabberflasted
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:05 am
Posts: 11672
Location: On the beach!
McFarmer wrote:
Tell'em some fertilizer might be missing, along with the diesel.


We have to count our bags of fertiliser and keep a record of it Mac. Do you have similar?

_________________
Fasten your seatbelts. We're off.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Gabberflasted
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:18 am
Posts: 7999
Location: Schizophrenia-Just this side of the border
Raggy wrote:
McFarmer wrote:
Tell'em some fertilizer might be missing, along with the diesel.


We have to count our bags of fertiliser and keep a record of it Mac. Do you have similar?


Ah, no.

Don't know how a person could find a bag of fertilizer. Everything is bulk. Hard to spot a few pails of it gone from bulk.

None is stored on the farm, the dealer has the storage.

_________________
Measure twice, cut once, curse, repeat.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Gabberflasted
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:34 pm 
Online

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:13 pm
Posts: 3877
Location: Norfolk
Ffuk me if some client hasn't chopped the padlock on the shed in my garden in the night! Nothing missing-there was a cordless drill just inside the door and ride on mower-so I think they were disturbed. Heard a motorbike go off down road at 1 ish when first lightning flashes arrived. Coincided with Mrs NQIT going downstairs to unplug telly. Maybe they saw the lights coming on? Ffukers are in for a shock if they return. It will take them 20 minutes to get to the mower at the back with all the obstacles in their way and the new lighting should help them.

_________________
Here we go again, hold tight.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Gabberflasted
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:50 pm
Posts: 12033
Location: Littlehay
NQIT wrote:
Ffuk me if some client hasn't chopped the padlock on the shed in my garden in the night! Nothing missing-there was a cordless drill just inside the door and ride on mower-so I think they were disturbed. Heard a motorbike go off down road at 1 ish when first lightning flashes arrived. Coincided with Mrs NQIT going downstairs to unplug telly. Maybe they saw the lights coming on? Ffukers are in for a shock if they return. It will take them 20 minutes to get to the mower at the back with all the obstacles in their way and the new lighting should help them.


Rig up the padlock to the mains electricity supply - but don't forget to turn it off when you need access to the shed!!!! :D

_________________
Full English Brexit, please!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Gabberflasted
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:33 pm
Posts: 3720
Location: E Herts
Don't you boys all have these?




Image

_________________
Hold still, it's nearly in.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic 
 [ 13 posts ] 
Post new topic 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme by ColorizeIt!