Farming Forum UK

A forum for farmers and country-folk worldwide.
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:31 am 

So, my mate likes the direct drilling . He's got rid of a quadtrac 600 and a fourteen furrow plough, a 10m cultipress and a great bog 6m kverneland cultivator thing..got 2 x fendt 936 and a 6m Claydon. Now he's getting a Weaving GD? So he can go no-till, and made even more people redundant. Basically, he will plough for herb crops as they need to be precision drilled into fine seedbeds, and also for spuds, which he lets put. All cereal and osr crops will go in with the new drill. And he has an auto cast seeder on the combine header to drop his cover crops straight on to the soil, and just presses afterwards. Seemed to work well this year

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:28 pm 

Fat Hill wrote:
So, my mate likes the direct drilling . He's got rid of a quadtrac 600 and a fourteen furrow plough, a 10m cultipress and a great bog 6m kverneland cultivator thing..got 2 x fendt 936 and a 6m Claydon. Now he's getting a Weaving GD? So he can go no-till, and made even more people redundant. Basically, he will plough for herb crops as they need to be precision drilled into fine seedbeds, and also for spuds, which he lets put. All cereal and osr crops will go in with the new drill. And he has an auto cast seeder on the combine header to drop his cover crops straight on to the soil, and just presses afterwards. Seemed to work well this year

Think they will be running a 6m on the 936.

That's the thing,be interesting to see the system on the farm but then the workload is massively reduced so I'll have a p45 again.Still,easy come easy go.

Reply to topic 
 [ 17 posts ]