I shed a tear

Anything interesting on E-Bay ? Any sales coming up ? Let us know here.
DaveJ

I shed a tear

Post by DaveJ » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:47 pm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-MERCEDE ... 2501855734

Looked a bit different when it left us. :cry: Hope it gets broken up rather than transporting hen nights around Stevenage. Or water around Nigeria.

Flintstone

Re: I shed a tear

Post by Flintstone » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:00 pm

Seller says he brought it but doesn’t say from where.
Hold still, it's nearly in.

footsfitter

Post by footsfitter » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:19 pm

Flintstone wrote:Seller says he brought it but doesn’t say from where.
BROUGHT FROM MOD AUCTIONS AND NO LONGER NEEDED
Vass or Witham?

We had a Dennis ex-kent appliance at the height of stubble burning, the late boss said ffuk it after racing from a hedge on fire to try and save his mitsubushi shogun with his dog in that the stubble had burnt under...............mid way his belt broke and he tried to run with trowers in one hand and a bloody big Nu-Swift extinguisher in t'other.................... :D

The Dennis had a 4.2 Jaguar power unit, used a fair drop of petrol when I road tested it on trade plates after the all to common head gasket failed. Heaven knows what the MPG would of been all tooled up when in proper service!

Most of the "barley Baron" big arable places round here had a fire engine back then :roll:
Best thing about Facebook is the logout button...

NQIT

Post by NQIT » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:50 pm

footsfitter wrote:
Vass or Witham?

We had a Dennis ex-kent appliance at the height of stubble burning, the late boss said ffuk it after racing from a hedge on fire to try and save his mitsubushi shogun with his dog in that the stubble had burnt under...............mid way his belt broke and he tried to run with trowers in one hand and a bloody big Nu-Swift extinguisher in t'other.................... :D

The Dennis had a 4.2 Jaguar power unit, used a fair drop of petrol when I road tested it on trade plates after the all to common head gasket failed. Heaven knows what the MPG would of been all tooled up when in proper service!

Most of the "barley Baron" big arable places round here had a fire engine back then :roll:
He probably brought it after he bought it. :roll:
Here we go again, hold tight.

Flintstone

Post by Flintstone » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:31 pm

NQIT wrote:
footsfitter wrote:
Vass or Witham?

He probably brought it after he bought it. :roll:

At least someone’s paying attention. :roll:
Hold still, it's nearly in.

DaveJ

Post by DaveJ » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:16 pm

I've no idea which route our lot use to dispose of old appliances. She'd been on the spare fleet for several years and we knew they were due to go when the first of the larger bodied MANs came up for replacement. With the increased kit we now carry, there wasn't enough room on the older machines to fit everything when the likes of ours went in for service. So the best of the MANs have been demoted to spare and it's goodbye to arguably the best pump we've ever had.

Be interesting to see how long our current 09 reg MAN stays with us. It's nowhere near as well screwed together as the Merc was.