Trailer

Anything interesting on E-Bay ? Any sales coming up ? Let us know here.
essexpete

Trailer

Post by essexpete » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:46 pm

Does this seem a good buy, I can't really justify but I have got several old tippers that don't get used much and could do with just one decent one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AS-MARSTON-A ... SwUYNaRV~6

No mention of the Value Added which could mean quite reasonable looking at all the old shyte around.

Coltheox

Re: Trailer

Post by Coltheox » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:50 pm

Looks to be in good shape. No major dents, scrapes or scratches. Been kept under cover, which is a great help.

Seems fairly well shod. Hydraulic tail gate. A good example in good nick, in my opinion.

As for the price, I suppose it would be difficult to go somewhere else to get one in that condition, hence the asking price.

Don't know about VAT, and I would suggest you check by sending him a question asking about that. Also ask if he is open to offers.

Personally, I don't think he is too far out with the price for that particular trailer.
Full English Brexit, please!

footsfitter

Post by footsfitter » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:31 am

Newer, smaller version than one we have although ours is manual tailboard. JB will moan like hell at the 8 stud running gear but with what you may do with it and a bit of tlc it will ok. Keep the spring & rocker pins well greased, the spring/axle + drawbar spring bolts FT. Looks tidy for 12 year old and in a farm sale someone will pay silly money- see he'll take cash or a card so maybe there is a bit of room for a quick sale?
Best thing about Facebook is the logout button...

essexpete

Post by essexpete » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:24 am

footsfitter wrote:Newer, smaller version than one we have although ours is manual tailboard. JB will moan like hell at the 8 stud running gear but with what you may do with it and a bit of tlc it will ok. Keep the spring & rocker pins well greased, the spring/axle + drawbar spring bolts FT. Looks tidy for 12 year old and in a farm sale someone will pay silly money- see he'll take cash or a card so maybe there is a bit of room for a quick sale?
Missed it.

Coltheox

Post by Coltheox » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:15 pm

essexpete wrote:
footsfitter wrote:Newer, smaller version than one we have although ours is manual tailboard. JB will moan like hell at the 8 stud running gear but with what you may do with it and a bit of tlc it will ok. Keep the spring & rocker pins well greased, the spring/axle + drawbar spring bolts FT. Looks tidy for 12 year old and in a farm sale someone will pay silly money- see he'll take cash or a card so maybe there is a bit of room for a quick sale?
Missed it.
Wasn't meant to be, Pete. There will be another one come along sometime.

Flintstone

Post by Flintstone » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:23 pm

Coltheox wrote:
essexpete wrote:
Missed it.

Thank you Marjorie Proops.
Hold still, it's nearly in.

Coltheox

Post by Coltheox » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:38 pm

Flintstone wrote:
Coltheox wrote:
essexpete wrote:
Missed it.

It's what I do best!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

essexpete

Post by essexpete » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:33 pm

Coltheox wrote:
Flintstone wrote:
Coltheox wrote:
essexpete wrote:
Missed it.

It's what I do best!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
Can I book another session Col?

Coltheox

Post by Coltheox » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:27 pm

Certainly! Just leave £1000-00 in used twenty pound notes in the usual place, and another session of therapy awaits.

Cheaper than the trailer would have been, anyway................................ :roll:

essexpete

Post by essexpete » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:35 am

In theory have purchased a reasonably tidy Bailey 11 ton with sprung axle and drawbar on SS 8 stud. No hyd gate but can't have everything. I rang Bailey to get an idea of new prices and also discovered that they are apparently flat out building 28 trailers per week with a lead time of plus 4 months.

footsfitter

Post by footsfitter » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:38 am

essexpete wrote:In theory have purchased a reasonably tidy Bailey 11 ton with sprung axle and drawbar on SS 8 stud. No hyd gate but can't have everything. I rang Bailey to get an idea of new prices and also discovered that they are apparently flat out building 28 trailers per week with a lead time of plus 4 months.

Scanned the few interesting pages of this months Profi (farm pays the subs....) Some quil waver called Sherren ventured to a big sale near salisbury at the end of last year, being a county away from Warwick's base there were several 12 &14T offered - 2006 14t 500/60-22.5's sprung drawbar & hyd tailgate £8,200 same 2012- £10,800 same but 12t- £8200 and I assume then theres the comission on those prices?
Best thing about Facebook is the logout button...

Coltheox

Post by Coltheox » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:15 am

essexpete wrote:In theory have purchased a reasonably tidy Bailey 11 ton with sprung axle and drawbar on SS 8 stud. No hyd gate but can't have everything. I rang Bailey to get an idea of new prices and also discovered that they are apparently flat out building 28 trailers per week with a lead time of plus 4 months.
I blame Brexit............. :roll: :roll: :D

(Put on tin hat!!!!! :D )

NQIT

Post by NQIT » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:38 am

Coltheox wrote:

Lead time on tin hats is 5 months!
Here we go again, hold tight.

essexpete

Post by essexpete » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:07 pm

NQIT wrote:
Coltheox wrote:

That will leave Col without protection. Still I don't suppose that ever bothered him :roll:

Flintstone

Post by Flintstone » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:32 pm

essexpete wrote:
NQIT wrote:
Coltheox wrote:

That will leave Col without protection. Still I don't suppose that ever bothered him :roll:

I suspect him of being in possession of a crusty old helmet.
Hold still, it's nearly in.