Gabberflasted

Reports or information regarding break-ins, thefts or criminal activity, post it here.
NQIT

Gabberflasted

Post by NQIT » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:11 pm

Today, I had the company of a Bateman fitter to do the first service on my machine and finish building it. At 10.20 I went to town to pick up an alternator for my digger, returning at 10.45. I was asked by one of the pigmen if I had taken the keys from one of their tractors. While I was gone, the 3 pigmen had returned from their morning feeding routine, parked 2 tractors and Loadall in the barn and gone to their caravan for a cuppa. It appears that a black pick up had turned round in the yard and the occupants had loaded the pressure washer, taken the keys from 2 tractors and Loadall and chopped the padlock off my diesel tank. If my machine had not been in the main shed being worked on, they would have spotted the quad too.
What happens next? Are they coming back for the tractors etc? I am expecting an empty tank in the morning.
Here we go again, hold tight.

Raggy

Re: Gabberflasted

Post by Raggy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:20 pm

They'll be back. But not tonight. It'll be a month or two before they return.
Scum.
Fasten your seatbelts. We're off.

The Squire

Post by The Squire » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:52 pm

Have you a dog ... or 2 ... or 3?
Big snarly, noisy things that let you know if anyone is around?

We have 5, that make a lot of noise as soon as anyone turns in farm gate (a field away) ... & have a reputation!

Flintstone

Post by Flintstone » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:42 am

The Squire wrote:Have you a dog ... or 2 ... or 3?

We have 5, that make a lot of noise as soon as anyone turns in farm gate (a field away) ... & have a reputation!

Nothing like their mistress then? Image
Hold still, it's nearly in.

Paul Griffiths

Post by Paul Griffiths » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:51 am

I wish I had some wise answers we have only had this problem once and I had to catch the so and so's red handed and it ended right then and there

Paul

The Squire

Post by The Squire » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:55 am

Flintstone wrote:
The Squire wrote:Have you a dog ... or 2 ... or 3?

Nothing like their mistress then? Image
Yes, but I've learnt to snarl without showing my teeth!

NQIT

Post by NQIT » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:41 pm

No visitors overnight.
The same description of truck has been seen locally in farm yards over the last few days. A quad bike has disappeared locally. Coincidence?
Enquiries suggest the characters are from Raggy's direction. Wisbech! Most likely just honest individuals looking for work.
The police are certainly more active than I suspected. Forensic officer attended within an hour of incident report, along with local PC. He identified a Nike trainer footprint and dusted for prints on washer connections and diesel tank. Reading between the lines, they may have some good evidence and an idea who is responsible. Fingers crossed.

McFarmer

Post by McFarmer » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:07 pm

Tell'em some fertilizer might be missing, along with the diesel.
Measure twice, cut once, curse, repeat.

Raggy

Post by Raggy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:21 pm

McFarmer wrote:Tell'em some fertilizer might be missing, along with the diesel.
We have to count our bags of fertiliser and keep a record of it Mac. Do you have similar?
Fasten your seatbelts. We're off.

McFarmer

Post by McFarmer » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:53 pm

Raggy wrote:
McFarmer wrote:Tell'em some fertilizer might be missing, along with the diesel.
We have to count our bags of fertiliser and keep a record of it Mac. Do you have similar?
Ah, no.

Don't know how a person could find a bag of fertilizer. Everything is bulk. Hard to spot a few pails of it gone from bulk.

None is stored on the farm, the dealer has the storage.
Measure twice, cut once, curse, repeat.

NQIT

Post by NQIT » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:34 pm

Ffuk me if some client hasn't chopped the padlock on the shed in my garden in the night! Nothing missing-there was a cordless drill just inside the door and ride on mower-so I think they were disturbed. Heard a motorbike go off down road at 1 ish when first lightning flashes arrived. Coincided with Mrs NQIT going downstairs to unplug telly. Maybe they saw the lights coming on? Ffukers are in for a shock if they return. It will take them 20 minutes to get to the mower at the back with all the obstacles in their way and the new lighting should help them.

Coltheox

Post by Coltheox » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:09 am

NQIT wrote:Ffuk me if some client hasn't chopped the padlock on the shed in my garden in the night! Nothing missing-there was a cordless drill just inside the door and ride on mower-so I think they were disturbed. Heard a motorbike go off down road at 1 ish when first lightning flashes arrived. Coincided with Mrs NQIT going downstairs to unplug telly. Maybe they saw the lights coming on? Ffukers are in for a shock if they return. It will take them 20 minutes to get to the mower at the back with all the obstacles in their way and the new lighting should help them.
Rig up the padlock to the mains electricity supply - but don't forget to turn it off when you need access to the shed!!!! :D
Full English Brexit, please!

Flintstone

Post by Flintstone » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:42 pm

Don't you boys all have these?

Hold still, it's nearly in.