Autumn happenings 2018/19

All issues regarding arable farming.
Coltheox

Autumn happenings 2018/19

Post by Coltheox » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:18 pm

So OK, what have you all been up to regarding crops in the ground this Autumn? Quite a lot been set around here by now. Some of it looks good, and some a bit patchy. There is still plenty going on, with wheat being set wholesale now that we have had some decent rain.

What has emerged recently looks pretty good. Oilseed Rape looks either really good or terrible. No middle way.

What sugar beet has been lifted looks on the small side so far. Don't know what the sugar content is like this year. It ought to be good, what with all the sun, but it doesn't always work like that.

Tell all, you 'ol Ffukers....................... :roll:
Full English Brexit, please!

McFarmer

Re: Autumn happenings 2018/19

Post by McFarmer » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:52 pm

Done with corn, just started on beans.

Never in my career has that happened.
Measure twice, cut once, curse, repeat.

JM

Post by JM » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:45 pm

Spuds finished this week, yields are down a bit but quality looks good, I shall drill my little bit of wheat and barley next week.
Just a Pembrokeshire twat.

Coltheox

Post by Coltheox » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:47 am

Went on one of my trawls around South Cambridgeshire yesterday. Hellif there ain't a lot of activity in the fields! Wheat being drilled like there's no tomorrow, sugar beet being lifted, immediately followed by the plough and then the drill............and those seedbeds do look good. With this weather continuing, I expect a lot more of the same this week.
Full English Brexit, please!