Farming Forum UK

A forum for farmers and country-folk worldwide.
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: International 1086
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:05 pm
Posts: 11201
Location: The Zone
When I was a littleun I had an Ertl IH 1086. It did many hours of carpet farming and carting sand around our sand pit.

Turns out it should have been left in the box :roll:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... 6&_sacat=0

_________________
keep honking, I'm reloading


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: International 1086
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:47 pm
Posts: 3601
Location: crappest broadband in Powys
I had one of these. :roll:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Britains-932 ... SwFURb-q40

Reason they are expensive and rare is they were popular and played with to destruction, so very few mint boxed ones remain. And I'm cool with that. In fact I'd go further and say there's nothing sadder than seeing a 30 year old toy not been out of it's box that has never achieved it's design purpose to bring happiness to a child. But has instead been stuck in a cupboard by some nonce who hopes it'll be worth a fortune one day.

I brought a Britains JD 3650 as a display piece a couple of years back. It took me roughly a fortnight before I relented and let nephews play with it...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: International 1086
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:50 pm
Posts: 13122
Location: Littlehay
DaveJ wrote:
I had one of these. :roll:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Britains-932 ... SwFURb-q40

Reason they are expensive and rare is they were popular and played with to destruction, so very few mint boxed ones remain. And I'm cool with that. In fact I'd go further and say there's nothing sadder than seeing a 30 year old toy not been out of it's box that has never achieved it's design purpose to bring happiness to a child. But has instead been stuck in a cupboard by some nonce who hopes it'll be worth a fortune one day.

I brought a Britains JD 3650 as a display piece a couple of years back. It took me roughly a fortnight before I relented and let nephews play with it...




I've got one of those that has been in a cupboard for over thirty years now! I'm rich!!!!

Does that still make me a nonce...........???????????????? :o

_________________
Full English Brexit, please!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: International 1086
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:18 am
Posts: 8600
Location: Schizophrenia-Just this side of the border
I had a Waterloo Boy, I remember dad driving his home and giving me a little one of my own.

Glad to get it, the horses made a mess in the sand box.

_________________
Measure twice, cut once, curse, repeat.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: International 1086
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:13 pm
Posts: 4635
Location: Norfolk
McFarmer wrote:
I had a Waterloo Boy, I remember dad driving his home and giving me a little one of my own.


:o

_________________
Here we go again, hold tight.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: International 1086
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:18 am
Posts: 8600
Location: Schizophrenia-Just this side of the border
NQIT wrote:
McFarmer wrote:
I had a Waterloo Boy, I remember dad driving his home and giving me a little one of my own.


:o


That’s a tractor, not a boy from Waterloo.

_________________
Measure twice, cut once, curse, repeat.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: International 1086
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:50 pm
Posts: 13122
Location: Littlehay
McFarmer wrote:
NQIT wrote:
McFarmer wrote:
I had a Waterloo Boy, I remember dad driving his home and giving me a little one of my own.


:o


That’s a tractor, not a boy from Waterloo.



So you say, Mac, so you say.............................. :roll:

_________________
Full English Brexit, please!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: International 1086
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:13 pm
Posts: 4635
Location: Norfolk
McFarmer wrote:
NQIT wrote:
McFarmer wrote:
I had a Waterloo Boy, I remember dad driving his home and giving me a little one of my own.


:o


That’s a tractor, not a boy from Waterloo.

Save it for the judge. :)

_________________
Here we go again, hold tight.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic 
 [ 8 posts ] 
Post new topic 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group Color scheme by ColorizeIt!