International 1086

Anything interesting on E-Bay ? Any sales coming up ? Let us know here.
Post Reply
The Pretender
Posts: 11657
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:05 pm
Location: The Zone
Contact:

International 1086

Post by The Pretender » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:46 pm

When I was a littleun I had an Ertl IH 1086. It did many hours of carpet farming and carting sand around our sand pit.

Turns out it should have been left in the box :roll:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... 6&_sacat=0
keep honking, I'm reloading

DaveJ
Posts: 3641
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:47 pm
Location: crappest broadband in Powys

Re: International 1086

Post by DaveJ » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:27 pm

I had one of these. :roll:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Britains-932 ... SwFURb-q40

Reason they are expensive and rare is they were popular and played with to destruction, so very few mint boxed ones remain. And I'm cool with that. In fact I'd go further and say there's nothing sadder than seeing a 30 year old toy not been out of it's box that has never achieved it's design purpose to bring happiness to a child. But has instead been stuck in a cupboard by some nonce who hopes it'll be worth a fortune one day.

I brought a Britains JD 3650 as a display piece a couple of years back. It took me roughly a fortnight before I relented and let nephews play with it...

User avatar
Coltheox
Posts: 13597
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:50 pm
Location: Littlehay

Re: International 1086

Post by Coltheox » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:17 pm

DaveJ wrote:I had one of these. :roll:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Britains-932 ... SwFURb-q40

Reason they are expensive and rare is they were popular and played with to destruction, so very few mint boxed ones remain. And I'm cool with that. In fact I'd go further and say there's nothing sadder than seeing a 30 year old toy not been out of it's box that has never achieved it's design purpose to bring happiness to a child. But has instead been stuck in a cupboard by some nonce who hopes it'll be worth a fortune one day.

I brought a Britains JD 3650 as a display piece a couple of years back. It took me roughly a fortnight before I relented and let nephews play with it...


I've got one of those that has been in a cupboard for over thirty years now! I'm rich!!!!

Does that still make me a nonce...........???????????????? :o
Full English Brexit, please!

User avatar
McFarmer
Posts: 8845
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:18 am
Location: Schizophrenia-Just this side of the border

Re: International 1086

Post by McFarmer » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:05 pm

I had a Waterloo Boy, I remember dad driving his home and giving me a little one of my own.

Glad to get it, the horses made a mess in the sand box.
Measure twice, cut once, curse, repeat.

NQIT
Posts: 5124
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:13 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: International 1086

Post by NQIT » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:27 pm

McFarmer wrote:I had a Waterloo Boy, I remember dad driving his home and giving me a little one of my own.
:o
Here we go again, hold tight.

User avatar
McFarmer
Posts: 8845
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:18 am
Location: Schizophrenia-Just this side of the border

Re: International 1086

Post by McFarmer » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:44 pm

NQIT wrote:
McFarmer wrote:I had a Waterloo Boy, I remember dad driving his home and giving me a little one of my own.
:o
That’s a tractor, not a boy from Waterloo.
Measure twice, cut once, curse, repeat.

User avatar
Coltheox
Posts: 13597
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:50 pm
Location: Littlehay

Re: International 1086

Post by Coltheox » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:19 am

McFarmer wrote:
NQIT wrote:
McFarmer wrote:I had a Waterloo Boy, I remember dad driving his home and giving me a little one of my own.
:o
That’s a tractor, not a boy from Waterloo.

So you say, Mac, so you say.............................. :roll:
Full English Brexit, please!

NQIT
Posts: 5124
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:13 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: International 1086

Post by NQIT » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:16 am

McFarmer wrote:
NQIT wrote:
McFarmer wrote:I had a Waterloo Boy, I remember dad driving his home and giving me a little one of my own.
:o
That’s a tractor, not a boy from Waterloo.
Save it for the judge. :)
Here we go again, hold tight.

Post Reply