General Election. FFuk 'em.

Staffing, insurance, vets, computers and software.
Raggy

General Election. FFuk 'em.

Post by Raggy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:08 pm

Like 99% of the country, I am well and truly pissed off with Brexit. It didn't go the way I voted. But democracy being what it is, I accept the decision.
It should have been finished by now. MP's are voted in to represent the elctorate. They haven't done that.
Therefore, God help any canvasser from any party that comes to my door searching for votes at the next General Election. They will be told to piss off smartish.
I will only vote if I see "None of the above" listed as an option.
I know it's not right. I know we should be grateful that we are democratic and can vote. But this whole sodding shambles has made me embarrassed to be British. None of them deserve their highly paid, all expenses paid jobs and gold plated pensions.

On holiday I even had a Chinese/Japanese national upon realising I was a Brit exclaim ........"Ahhh. Blitish. Blexit" and then start laughing.

I've had enough.
Fasten your seatbelts. We're off.

Coltheox

Re: General Election. FFuk 'em.

Post by Coltheox » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:29 pm

Raggy wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:08 pm
Like 99% of the country, I am well and truly pissed off with Brexit. It didn't go the way I voted. But democracy being what it is, I accept the decision.
It should have been finished by now. MP's are voted in to represent the elctorate. They haven't done that.
Therefore, God help any canvasser from any party that comes to my door searching for votes at the next General Election. They will be told to piss off smartish.
I will only vote if I see "None of the above" listed as an option.
I know it's not right. I know we should be grateful that we are democratic and can vote. But this whole sodding shambles has made me embarrassed to be British. None of them deserve their highly paid, all expenses paid jobs and gold plated pensions.

On holiday I even had a Chinese/Japanese national upon realising I was a Brit exclaim ........"Ahhh. Blitish. Blexit" and then start laughing.

I've had enough.

So we can count on your vote then, sir..................... :roll:

Yes to be honest it is a total and utter shambles. The problem is that there is a disconnect between the people and Parliament.

You are right, Raggy, in what you said. You didn't vote to leave, but you respect the democratic decision of the British People. The problem is that many in Parliament either can't or won't - and that is causing huge resentment, even here in an area that voted to Remain. I have had many people who did vote remain say to me that if there were to be another Referendum, they would now vote to Leave simply on the grounds that they believe in democracy, and to try to reverse the will of the people in what everyone said was 'once in a lifetime decision' would not be right; and they are right.

It is worse than a dogs breakfast. I'm afraid that Mrs May has had her day, and should now go. Who will replace her God only knows, and I for one wouldn't want the job at the moment. The truth is that no-one, despite Labour's false bravado, wants a general election. It would most likely solve nothing, and would definitely cause Labour huge problems in their northern England working class seats, who voted in huge numbers to leave. The Conservatives have the same problems in some parts of the country, mainly the south, and who cares about the others? The Scots Nats can whinge, as they usually do, but it will make little difference.

I am hoping now for a 'No Deal' exit, as at least we will all know where we stand, and businesses can they take a deep breath and say 'Thank God' and be able to move on, however hard it may (or may not) be.

What will be very interesting is if we are stupid enough as a country to ask for a longer extension. This would mean Euro elections for this country, and I can say that if we do have Euro elections, The Brexit Party will win hands down. And it will not just be here. All over Europe there is a groundswell of opinion against the 'Euro Elite' which will unleash itself at the end of May. The European Parliament will look radically different than it does now, regardless of if we participate or not.
Full English Brexit, please!

footsfitter

Post by footsfitter » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:45 pm

I think the ozzies here know about brexit and the debacle it has become, but with their political system in recent years to go by I think that softens their opinions about our government.

The easiest way to answer them is to simply point out their lot here especially because of the number of PM's they have had, the promises they never delivered, the mess the australian's infrastructure is and the jostling there already is because its election year here. The universal agreement is that politicians and civil servants are a law unto themselves and all looking to stay retained on their gravy train.

Nearly all of the ozzies, many who are ex-brits are always surprised if I reel off the jollys the EU mandarins enjoy:- having all the EU's public holidays, General de gaulle's august jolly- lock,stock and barrel from Brussels to Strasbourg, failing to get the EU budgets signed off and funding welsh farmers with shiny cultivators to name a few scams.

As for where UK politics are going the only think thats made me smile about it was Mrs Sturgeon last week tweeting back to Corbyn after he'd tweeted on that day-
The Labour leader posted on Twitter about the 1979 Commons no-confidence vote in James Callaghan’s Government - which passed with the support of Nats MPs.

Mr Corbyn posted old news footage of the fall of the Labour government and said: “Forty years ago today, @theSNP did this…”

Ms Sturgeon responded saying: Dear @jeremycorbyn - instead of talking about things that happened when I was eight years old, how about showing some leadership today?

“You could start by asking yourself why the polls show you still trailing behind the most incompetent Tory government in our lifetimes.”
In a way it also sums up where both Labour and Tory parties are at the moment- both useless and mainly staffed by self serving members of parliment who are trying to compete with their EU counterparts in keeping their snouts in the trough.

Maybe its time they all were barred from standing, new parliament steered by chief whips armed with blue alkathene wands................!
Best thing about Facebook is the logout button...

footsfitter

Post by footsfitter » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:53 pm

I'm afraid that Mrs May has had her day, and should now go. Who will replace her God only knows, and I for one wouldn't want the job at the moment.
I guess any contenders are hoping she will eventually sort something out and then fall on her sword, they will all be wanting to keep their powder dry and step in once she has finally closed the mess she inherited from Cameron.
Best thing about Facebook is the logout button...

Tel

Post by Tel » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:59 pm

I think it’s quite simple

Any current MP should be deselected or just don’t vote for them.
We could have the monster raving looney party in power and they are probably going to do a better job

defender

Post by defender » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:07 pm

The problem is that there is not a statesman in any party . There is not a politician that puts the country before their own interests and hasn't been since Maggie , Like Raggy I do not know who would be worth a vote

graybo

Post by graybo » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:33 pm

Fuck em all.
No one can steer like this Ffuker.

NQIT

Post by NQIT » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:54 am

According to my calendar, May finishes before the end of April this year.
Here we go again, hold tight.

Raggy

Post by Raggy » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:28 pm

Our MP has quit the cabinet today. Useless twat.

NQIT

Post by NQIT » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:52 pm

Raggy wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:28 pm
Our MP has quit the cabinet today. Useless twat.
Our MP hasn't been in the cabinet, so can't quit. He's still a useless twat.

The Pretender

Post by The Pretender » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:40 pm

I've listened to the news carefully for years now, but just can't stand it any more and am pretty muchb beyond careing. The whole thing is a massive cluster ffuk. It would be nice to think we can ride it out and make a decent go of it, but it looks very unlikely.

As a voting public we have to shoulder much of the blame, the politions are only there because we voted for them.
keep honking, I'm reloading

Raggy

Post by Raggy » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:50 am

The Pretender wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:40 pm
As a voting public we have to shoulder much of the blame, the politions are only there because we voted for them.
Mine wont be there because of my vote next time around.

NQIT

Post by NQIT » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:04 am

Raggy wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:50 am
The Pretender wrote:
+1

The Pretender

Post by The Pretender » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:46 am

NQIT wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:04 am
Raggy wrote:
The Pretender wrote:
+1
So what are you going to vote for at the next election?
keep honking, I'm reloading

NQIT

Post by NQIT » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:54 am

The Pretender wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:46 am
NQIT wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:04 am
Raggy wrote:
The Pretender wrote:
+1
So what are you going to vote for at the next election?
I will mostly spoil my ballot paper.